The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is dedicating a year of St. Joseph (Dec 8, 2020-Dec 8, 2021). Here are a few things that we will be doing here at St. Joseph’s in Taylors Falls over the next year in honor of St. Joseph:
- Throughout the year I will celebrate Wednesday morning Mass with prayers taken from the St. Joseph votive Mass. Traditionally, Wednesday is dedicated to honoring St. Joseph.
- I invite parishioners to join me in 33-day devotion leading up to the Feast of St. Joseph on March 19. More details below.
- I plan to release a monthly video reflection on different aspects of St. Joseph and his life. Videos links will be posted on this page.
The Church does not have hard and fast rules for making a consecration to different saints. Nevertheless, they commonly have similar elements. A preparation period with daily prayers and a consecration day with an act of consecration.
Two possible ways of doing the consecration to St. Joseph beginning on Monday, February 15 and ending on Friday, March 19 are as follows:
1) Purchase and use Fr. Donald Calloway’s book entitled Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father. This book gives readings and prayers for each day of the preparation period and the day of consecration.
2) Pray the litany of St. Joseph each day (beginning on February 15) and the consecration prayer on the day of consecration (March 19). This option who be much easier to do as a family.
Litany to St. Joseph and Prayer of Consecration to St. Joseph